Job Title: Civil Engineer – Plant-in-Box (PiB) Project
Duty Station: Lahore, Pakistan
Estimated Monthly Remuneration: PKR 300,000/-
Fee Modality: Deliverable based
Contract Duration: 06 Months
Travel Required: Yes (Bahawalnagar/ Muzaffargarh and as assigned)
Travel Budget: Yes
The consultant, being placed with and liaison within the Government Department and UNICEF; shall be responsible for report analysis, defining the engineering scope, complete BOQ drawing and design, engaging with civil works, regular monitoring and visitation to the site and sharing of monthly actionable reports.
Tasks / Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review Prefeasibility/Pre-installation assessment report prepared by BERC, Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department and define the engineering scope of work in the light of report recommendations.
- In consultation with P&SHC Department & UNICEF, prepare BOQs, drawings/designs as per the specifications of the PiB and oxygen distribution system.
- Prepare Planning document for the civil work, electrification, fabrication and assist in bidding process for civil work contract award to selected contractor.
- Supervision & monitoring of the civil work & installation of PiB ensuring quality tracking and maintaining all data & pictorial records.
- Assist in successful handing over of the PiB to Hospital Administration at both hospitals after project completion and End Project Report.
- Review and analyze the BERC recommendations and prepare complete feasibility for insulation of PiB defining the engineering scope of work covering civil work, installation, fabrication, operations and maintenance.
- In consultation with Department of Primary & secondary Healthcare and UNICEF, preparation & finalization of BoQs, drawings, designs as per need on ground for the 2 selected hospitals (DHQ Hospital Bahawalnagar & DHQ Hospital Muzaffargarh).
- Assist & monitor the bidding process and contract award to selected contractor/s to undertake the civil works necessary for the installation of PiB & oxygen distribution systems in the Health Facilities.
- Facilitate and follow up for timely completion of the civil work, gaps identification and timely intimation to all concerned for immediate solutions
- Coordination with Primary & Secondary Healthcare officials (district/provincial) and relevant stakeholders
- Regular visits to targeted Health Facilities.
- Reporting of the rehabilitation activities (monthly /periodic inputs).
- BERC Report Analysis and engineering scope of work in the light of BERC recommendations
- Complete set of BOQs, drawing & design for both hospitals
- Draft ToRs to engage Civil Work Construction Company.
- Draft ToRs to engage PiB installation, commissioning and fabrication Company
- Regular visits to both sites on weekly basis and share monthly progress reports.
- Handing over notifications & End of project report
Specialized Knowledge & Experience
- BS Civil Engineering or BTech Hons, combined with 5 years working experience in Hospital settings.
- An understanding of working in Govt. sector will be highly desirable.
- Well versed with Oxygen generation, distribution equipment/machinery.
- Strong coordination and communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Urdu & Punjabi is required.
- The company reserves the right to reject any or all applications or change the number of positions at any stage without assigning any reason or as per requirements.
- The company will not consider applicants not fulfilling the requirements/criteria mentioned above.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the whole hiring process at any stage without mentioning any reason.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for tests and/or interviews via call or Email.
- MicroMerger provides equal opportunity to all qualified Male & Female candidates.
- Recruitment will be made on a contract basis, extendable based on arising needs
- Shortlisted candidates will have to bring their CV, attested copies of CNIC, certificates, experience certificates, and educational qualifications at the time of the interview
- No TA/DA or any expense would be admissible during the whole hiring process including interviews, tests, etc.